Saturday, October 3, 2009

Utah Open Source conference 2009 - Developing with Mozilla Prism

I will be speaking at the Utah Open Source conference next Thursday at 3 PM on Developing with Mozilla Prism.

I'm excited because Mozilla Prism is nearing a final release of 1.0 - it's at 1.0 b2 at this point. I talked to a Mozilla employee, Mark Finkle, who works on Prism, in addition to Fennec, their mobile browser project. He talked to Mozilla HQ and it sounds like I'll be able to get some Mozilla swag to give away at the presentation!

I'm also trying to start a community around building a prism webapp bundle library that I'll talk about more in my presentation. I thought it would be nice to have some open source examples of Prism web application bundles that people could refer to and add to. So I created a Google Code project called prism-apps.

In any case, check out the Prism project and come to the presentation!

(I'll post my slides later in the week as I finalize them.)

No comments: